All American BBQ Chicken Breast
In this healthy chicken breast recipe, bottled barbecue sauce—often loaded with sodium and high-fructose corn syrup—is replaced with a homemade barbecue sauce recipe. Use the barbecue sauce to baste the chicken breast while cooking—but if you want to also serve the barbecue sauce at the table, separate some before grilling to avoid cross-contamination.
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup beer, preferably porter
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce, or to taste
- 4 (8-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Per serving: 221 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 63 mg cholesterol; 16 g carbohydrate; 13 g added sugars; 14 g total sugars; 23 g protein; 0 g fiber; 551 mg sodium; 464 mg potassium.
1 Carbohydrate Serving(s)
©Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.