No Bake Cherry Cheesecake
This no-bake cherry cheesecake is an easy summertime treat. This no-bake cheesecake recipe has omega-3-rich walnuts in the graham cracker crust and uses nonfat Greek yogurt and reduced-fat cream cheese in the filling to keep saturated fat in check. If you want a bright red topping, use sour cherries. Sweet cherries give it a more purple hue. To make gluten-free no-bake cherry cheesecake, use gluten-free graham crackers.
- 4 cups halved pitted sour or sweet cherries, fresh or frozen (thawed, drained; see Tips)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 4 teaspoons water, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Half a 14-ounce box graham crackers, preferably whole-wheat
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted (see Tips)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 8-ounce packages reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
- 2 cups nonfat plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Per serving: 348 calories; 17 g fat (4 g sat, 7 g mono); 20 mg cholesterol; 42 g carbohydrate; 22 g added sugars; 9 g protein; 2 g fiber; 273 mg sodium; 228 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (17% daily value)
3 Carbohydrate Serving(s)
Exchanges: 1 1/2 carbohydrate (other), 1 starch, 1/2 fruit, 3 fat
©By EatingWell.com. © Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.