Strawberry Melon and Avocado Salad
Nutty and slightly sweet sherry vinegar is a natural partner for strawberries. This composed salad makes a cool kickoff for dinner or a nutrition-packed lunch on its own.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar or red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 small avocado (4-5 ounces), peeled, pitted and cut into 16 slices
- 16 thin slices cantaloupe (about 1/2 small cantaloupe), rind removed
- 1 1/2 cups hulled strawberries, sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted (see Tip)
Per serving: 201 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 33 g carbohydrate; 17 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 7 g fiber; 90 mg sodium; 503 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (100% daily value), Vitamin A (60% dv), Folate (18% dv).
2 Carbohydrate Serving(s)
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 2 fruit, 1 1/2 fat (mono)
©Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.