Medical Assistant Job Overview
Do you want a dynamic and rewarding medical assistant job with great benefits where your people skills and clinical skills make a long term difference in the health and well-being of adults?
As a medical assistant on Life Line Screening’s mobile team, your job duties and responsibilities will give people accessibility to useful health insight, helping them learn their risk factors for chronic diseases.
Your primary responsibility will be to provide each adult with a positive experience while administering ABI, Osteoporosis Risk Assessment, Atrial Fibrillation and blood test, or while completing registration and intake and educating people on medically appropriate tests and preventive health screenings. Your secondary responsibility will be to help your team setup and put away all medical equipment being used for the day.
Community Event Based Setting
In your career as a medical assistant with us, you will be an integral part of a mobile medical team made up of vascular sonographers, medical assistants, care coordinators and work in the same setting as our sister companies Nurse Practitioners. Each working day your team will met and commute by company van to local sites within a 150 mile radius of your city to setup state of the art medical equipment and provide services in a community-event setting. This means, in one year as medical assistant you will have the opportunity to provide quality care to roughly 7,200 adults near you.
Events are scheduled well in advance, and are not held in homes, on Holidays or on Sundays, which means you will have the flexibility of knowing and planning your schedule.
Why Work with Us?
- Competitive annual pay
- Medical, dental and vision insurance coverage
- Day shift hours, off Sundays and off major holidays
- Paid time off*
- Life Insurance*
- A 401 (k) with employee matching program*
- Career growth
*Benefits are dependent upon position type, classification and or event schedule. Other terms may apply, ask your Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to learn and perform ABI, Osteoporosis Risk Assessment, Atrial Fibrillation and blood test screenings in accordance with the company's protocols and in a proficient and timely manner
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours including 1-4 hours paid travel time in a team van. Some Saturday work as well as 2 or 3 overnight trips per month (No on call, Sunday's, or Holiday's)
- Unload and load screening equipment from the van as a team
- Set up and breakdown of screening event and registration area
- Manage the registration process of participants and the flow of the screening event. This includes educating and recommending medically appropriate screenings for individual participants
- Eager to work in a fast pace work environment where a passion for helping others, as well as accuracy performing tests, are held at the highest of standards
- Willingness to perform other duties and projects that are requested by Management
- Assist with driving the company vehicle to and from the assigned screening sites upon approval