Life Line Screening is committed to research shed light on the importance, efficacy and cost of screening, as well as providing unique information on chronic disease and their management.
Life Line Screening’s resources provide an important advance in answering questions about health-related behavior and modifiable risk factors in subpopulations that could not be previously examined. Our Scientific Advisory Network members consist of prestigious members of the academic community.
- Jeffery S. Berger, MD, MS, FAHA, FACC, NYU School of Medicine https://nyulangone.org/doctors/1912172701/jeffrey-s-berger
- Richard Bulbulia, MA, MD, FRCS, University of Oxford https://www.ndph.ox.ac.uk/team/richard-bulbulia
- Michael S. Conte, MD, University of California, San Francisco http://profiles.ucsf.edu/michael.conte
- Professor Alison Halliday, MS, FRCS, University of Oxford https://www.nds.ox.ac.uk/team/alison-halliday
- George S. Lavenson, Jr., MD, Independent Vascular Surgeon http://www.lahainanews.com/page/content.detail/id/502333/West-Maui-surgeon-volunteers-to-treat-wounded-soldiers.html?nav=19
- Sarah Lewington, BSc, MSc, DPhil, University of Oxford https://www.ndph.ox.ac.uk/team/sarah-lewington
- Thomas S. Riles, MD, NYU Vascular Surgery Associates https://nyulangone.org/doctors/1174517999/thomas-s-riles
- Caron Rockman, MD, FACS, RVT, New York University Medical Center https://nyulangone.org/doctors/1841284676/caron-b-rockman
- Richard Stein, MD, New York University, Department of Medicine (Cardiology) https://nyulangone.org/doctors/1629053269/rich-stein
- Weisman SM, Manganaro AJ, et. al. Behavioral Impact of Community-Based Cardiovascular Screening. J. Community Med Health Educ. 2017, 7:3.
- Baldwin MJ, Policha A, et al. Novel association between bone mineral density scores and the prevalence of peripheral artery disease in both sexes. Vasc Med. 2016, 1-8.
- Razzouk L, Rockman CB, Patel MR, Guo Y, Adelman MA, Riles TS, and Berger JS. Co-existence of vascular disease in different arterial beds: Peripheral artery disease and carotid artery stenosis—Data from Life Line Screening. Atherosclerosis. 2015, 241: 687-691.
- Weisman S, Brooks E. Costs and benefits of bundled community-based screening for carotid artery stenosis, peripheral artery disease, and abdominal aortic aneurysm. Managed Care. 2015(January):45-53.
- Weisman, S.M., Garbani, N.I., & Manganaro, A.J. (2015). Community-Based Screening and the Detection of Critical Carotid Artery Stenosis and Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm. Open Journal of Preventive Medicine, 5, 38-46.
- Weisman, S.M., Garbani, N.I., & Manganaro, A.J. (2015). Community-Based Cardiovascular Screening: Detection of Disease in Individuals with No Self-Reported Risk Factors. Open Journal of Preventive Medicine, 5, 78-83.
- Association Between Physical Activity and Peripheral Artery Disease and Carotid Artery Stenosis in a Self-Referred Population of 3 Million Adults
- Stein, Richard A; Rockman, Caron B; Guo, Yu; Adelman, Mark A; Riles, Thomas; Hiatt, William R; Berger, Jeffrey S
- 2014 Oct;:20140282-20140282, Arteriosclerosis, thrombosis, & vascular biology
— id: 1323072, year: 2014, vol: , page: 20140282, stat: Journal Article
- Hiramoto JS, Katz R, Weisman SM, Conte MS. Gender‐Specific Risk Factors for Peripheral Artery Disease in a Voluntary Screening Population. J Am Heart Assoc. 2014; 3: e000651
- Jones WS, Pattel MR, Rockman CB, et al. Association of the ankle-brachial index with history of myocardial infarction and stroke. Am J Heart 2014; 0: 1-7.
- Weisman SJ and Manganaro AJ. Community-Based Screening: Identifying Risk and Modifying Healthy Lifestyle Changes. PostGraduate Medicine, 125: 4, July 2013.
- Greco G, Egorova NN, Moskowitz AJ, Gelijns AC, Kent KC, Manganaro AJ, Zwolak RM, Riles TS. A model for predicting the risk of carotid artery disease. Ann Surg. 2013. Jun; 257(6): 1168-73.
- Berger JS, Hochman JS, Lobach I, Adelman MA, Riles T, Rockman CR. Modifiable risk factor burden and the prevalence of peripheral artery disease in different vascular territories. J Vasc Surg 2013 May 1. pii: S0741-5214(13)00327-3. doi: 10.1016/j.jvs.2013.01.053. [Epub ahead of print]
- Savji N, Rockman CB, Skolnick A, Guo Y, Adelman, MA, Riles T, Berger JS. Association between Advanced Age and Vascular Disease in Different Arterial Territories: A Population Database of Over 3.6 Million Subjects, J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013. Apr 23; 61(16): 1736-43.
- Rockman CR, Hoang H, Guo Y, Maldonado T, Jacobowitz GR, Talishinskiy T, Riles TR, Berger JS. The prevalence of carotid artery stenosis varies significantly by race. J Vasc Surg 2013. . J Vasc Surg 2013. 57 (2): 327-37.
- Rockman CB, Maldonado TS, Jacobowitz GR, Adelman MA, Riles TS. Hormone replacement therapy is associated with a decreased prevalence of peripheral arterial disease in postmenopausal women. Ann Vasc Surg. 2012 Apr;26(3):411-8. Epub 2012 Jan 30. PubMed PMID: 22285341.
- Kent KC, Zwolak RM, Egorova NN, et. al. Analysis of risk factors for abdominal aortic aneurysm in a cohort of more than 3 million individuals. J Vas Surg 2010; 52: 539-48.
- Greco G, Egorova NN, Gelijns AC, Moskowitz AJ, Manganaro AJ, Zwolak RM, Riles TS, and Kent KC. Development of a novel scoring tool for the identification of large = 5cm abdominal aortic aneurysms. Ann Surg 2010; 252: 675-682.
- Bulbulia, R, Chabok, M, Aslam, M et al., (2013). The prevalence of abdominal aortic aneurysm, carotid stenosis, peripheral arterial disease and atrial fibrillation among 280,000 screened British and Irish Adults. VASCULAR MEDICINE, 18 (3), 155-155.
- M Chabok, M Aslam, R Farahmandfar, J Coltart, Association of Vascular Diseases with Chronic Kidney Disease in an Asymptomatic Population. 21st Euro Chapter of the International Union of Angiology, September 2013.
- M Chabok, M Aslam, R Farahmandfar, J Coltart, Epidemiological Study and Risk Analysis in Men and Women of Different Ages with Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA). International Angiology Journal, June 2012, Vol. 31(Suppl. 1-3) 37.
- M Chabok, MR Farahmand far, M Aslam, A Manganaro, Risk factor analysis for abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) in a cohort of 288 women with AAA. International Angiology Journal, June 2012, Vol. 31(Suppl. 1-3) 38.
- Jones S, Patel MR, Rockman CB, Guo Y, Riles T, Adelman M, Berger JS. Association between ankle brachial index and prevalence of myocardial infarction and stroke. Circulation 2013
- Madan V, Rockman CB, Guo Y, Riles T, Adelman M, Berger JS. Association Between Interarm Systolic Blood Pressure Differential and Vascular Disease: A Population Database of Over 3.6 Million Subjects. Circulation 2013
- Shah SN, Rockman C, Guo Y, Patel M, Adelman M, Riles T, Berger JS. Types of family history and prevalence of peripheral artery disease. J Am Coll Cardiol 2013
- Berger JS, Hochman JS, Lobach I, Adelman MA, Riles TS, and Rockman CB. Modifiable Risk Factor Burden and the Prevalence of Peripheral Artery Disease in Different Vascular Territories. Circulation. 2012;126:A14788
- Savji N, Rockman CB, Skolnick A, Reynolds HR, Guo Y, Adelman MA, Riles T, and Berger JS. Differences in Prevalence of Peripheral Vascular Disease: An age-sex interaction. Circulation. 2012;126:A12277
- Is Carotid Stenting Comparable to Carotid Endarterectomy? Presented at the XXX National Congress of Argentine Federation of Cardiology, Salta, Argentina June 1, 2012.
- Relationship between Post-Menopausal Hormonal Replacement and Peripheral Vascular Disease. Presented at the XXX National Congress of Argentine Federation of Cardiology, Salta, Argentina June 2, 2012
- Epidemiological study and risk analysis in men and women of different age with Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA). Presented at the XXV World Congress of the International Union of Angiology, 2012.
- Risk factor analysis for abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) in a cohort of 288 women with AAA. Presented at the XXV World Congress of the International Union of Angiology, 2012.
- Savji N, Rockman C, Skolnick A, Adelman MA, Riles T, Berger JS. Peripheral Vascular Disease Prevalence Increases Dramatically With Advanced Age: A Population Database of Over 3.6 Million People. J Am Coll Cardiol 2012;59:2107
- Razzouk L, Rockman C, Patel M, Adelman M, Riles T, Berger JS. Peripheral Artery Disease, Symptoms and Carotid Artery Disease. J Am CollCardiol 2012;59:2104
- Berger JS, Adelman MA, Riles TS, Rockman CB. Demographics, Clinical Risk Factors and Peripheral Vascular Disease Among 3.6 Million Adults. Circulation 2011;124:A13135
- Stein RA, Rockman CB, Adelman MA, Riles TS, Berger JS. Exercise is Associated With a Significant Reduction in Peripheral Vascular Disease in a Self-Referred Population of Over 3.8 Million Us Adults. Circulation2011;124:A13157
- Analysis of Risk Factors for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm In A Cohort of More Than 3 Million Individuals. Presented at the annual meeting of the American Surgical Association, 2010. Chicago, IL