Corn and Black Bean Burritos
Diets that are high in fruits and vegetables can help you lower your risk for heart disease, but most Americans do not meet the recommended daily servings of either. If you're finding it difficult to get your daily servings of vegetables, try making these corn and black bean burritos for dinner.
These burritos are high in flavor and easy to make.
Preparation1. Preheat oven to 350 �F.
2. Combine scallions, celery, and corn in a small saucepan. Add just enough water to cover.
3. Cover, bring to a boil, and reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 5 minutes, until vegetables soften. Drain vegetables. Set aside to cool.
4. Combine avocado, cilantro, and beans in a large mixing bowl. Add cheese and salsa, and mix.
5. When corn mixture has cooled slightly, add to avocado mixture.
6. In a large nonstick pan over medium heat, warm each tortilla about 15 seconds on each side. Place each tortilla on a flat surface. Spoon ? cup of the mixture into the center of the tortilla. Fold the top and bottom of the tortilla over the filling. Fold in the sides to make a closed packet.
7. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
8. When all tortillas are wrapped, continue heating in the oven 5 minutes, until all are warm and cheese is melted.
Tips and NotesTry serving this with extra salsa on the side.
Total Fat: 3g
Saturated Fat: 0g
Total Fiber: 3g
Potassium 204mg�Healthy Eating