Looking for a delicious heart-healthy beef and vegetable dinner? Try this Stay Young at Heart Recipe. It is made with lean top round beef, lots of vegetables, and a spicy, herb mixture giving it great flavor.
Heart Healthy Recipe Beef Green Beans Potatoes
- Partially freeze beef. Thinly slice across the grain into long strips 1/8-inch thick and 3 inches wide.
- Combine paprika, oregano, chili powder, garlic powder, black pepper, red pepper, and dry mustard. Coat strips of meat with the spice mixture.
- Spray a large heavy skillet with nonstick spray coating. Preheat pan over high heat.
- Add meat; cook, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, onion, broth, and garlic. Cook covered, over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Stir in carrots, lay greens over top, and cook, covered, until carrots are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Serve in large serving bowl, with crusty bread for dunking.
- Yield: 6 servings--Serving Size: 7 oz
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 4 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 45 mg
Sodium: 101 mg
Click here to view the full recipe:
©Stay Young at Heart, NHLBI, NIH