This moist and delicious cornbread recipe makes a great addition to any meal!
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Mix together cornmeal, flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, combine buttermilk and egg. Beat lightly.
- Slowly add buttermilk and egg mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Add margarine and mix by hand or with a mixer for 1 minute.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in an 8 by 8-inch greased baking dish. Cool.
- Cut into 10 squares.
Tips and Notes
Tip: Use 1% milk and a small amount of margarine to make this cornbread lower in saturated fat and cholesterol.