Questions? You’ll find all the resources you need for understanding your screening options, scheduling the right screening and more right here. Search for the information you need or explore frequently asked questions. If you still need support, just call us directly at 800-778-6093.
- What is heart (cardiovascular) disease?
- How common is heart disease?
- Can I reduce my risk of developing heart disease?
- Why should I have health screenings done if I have no symptoms?
- Which Life Line Screening blood screenings check for heart disease risk factors?
- What is an Annual Wellness Visit?
- What makes Life Line Screenings disease risk assessment different from the others available?
Our Company and Events
- I have a doctor. Why do I need Life Line Screening?
- How long has Life Line Screening offered these services?
- What screenings can I get if I use a wheelchair?
- Are there weight limits for the screenings?
- Will there be doctors at the screening site?
- What is the time frame for receiving the results of my colon cancer screening kit?
- Are you affiliated with any hospital?
- I work during the day. Can I schedule a screening later in the day?
What to Expect
- Where does Life Line Screening conduct screenings?
- Are the screenings given by Life Line Screening 100% accurate?
- What type of equipment is used?
- How can you assure the consistency and reliability of your machines?
- What kind of training have your ultrasound technologists received?
- Why are your screenings shorter than those performed in hospitals?
- How long do the screenings take?
- Can I eat or drink anything before these screenings?
- Why was the Afib screening result I received from Life Line Screening different from the test I had at my doctor/cardiologist?
- What is the objective of preventive health screenings?
- At what age should I be screened?
- How often should I have these general health screenings?
- Why should I have these screenings done if I have no symptoms?
- Can my physician do this type of preventive health screening as part of my routine physical?
- How can your company afford to do these professional health screenings for such a low cost?
- When and how will I receive my health screening results?
- Why does it take up to 21 days to receive my results?
- Who reviews the health screening results?
- Will I receive the results of my health screenings or will they be given directly to my doctor?
- Why don't your results give more detailed information?
- What happens when a problem is identified?
- Can the new osteoporosis screening results be converted into a T-score like the old report?