Asian Style Chicken Wraps
Looking for a heart healthy meal or appetizer? Try making this Healthy Eating Asian Style Chicken Wrap Recipe published by the National Heart Lung and Blood Institute.
- To prepare the sauce, add all ingredients to a saucepan, and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat, and let sit in hot saucepan for 3–5 minutes. Chill in refrigerator for about 15 minutes or until cold.
- Prepare the chicken by heating oil in a large wok or sauté pan. Add ginger and garlic, and stir fry briefly until cooked but not brown, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add chicken, and continue to stir fry for 5–8 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, sesame oil (optional), and sesame seeds (optional), and return to a boil. Remove from the heat, and cover with lid to hold warm in hot sauté pan.
- Assemble each wrap: Place one large red lettuce leaf on a plate, then add ½ cup chicken stir-fry, 1 basil leaf, and ¼ cup shredded cabbage and fold together. Serve two wraps with ¼ cup sauce.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 242
Total Fat: 10g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Total Fiber: 3g