Annual Key Health-Men and Women
Disease risk assessment that predicts your risk for 6 chronic conditions: heart disease, heart failure, stroke, type 2 diabetes, COPD and lung cancer. Includes C-Reactive Protein ( a marker for increased risk of cardiovascular disease and diabetes), cholesterol lipid panel and glucose blood tests and simple biometric screenings. Requires 12 hours fasting.
Who is this screening for?
- Using biometrics and other data, predicts your risk for developing 6 chronic conditions: heart disease, heart failure, stroke, type 2 diabetes, COPD and lung cancer.
- C-Reactive protein: this high-sensitivity C-reactive protein test identifies the presence of inflammation in the body, which can be a marker for cardiovascular disease or other problems
Annual Key Health
About these conditions
- Understanding risk for the six conditions provides valuable health insight, enabling you to work with your doctor to take action to minimize the risk of developing these conditions.
- Inflammation in the body can indicate cardiovascular disease, because when plaque builds up in the arteries, it injures the arteries, causing inflammation.
Wellness Panel Premium PLUS-Men Screening Details
- Checks for kidney function by measuring creatinine and estimated GFR
- C-Reactive protein, an indicator of inflammation in the body which can be a marker for cardiovascular disease or other problems
- A1c to measure average glucose level over the previous few months, which is a key indicator for diabetes
- Looks at thyroid function by measuring TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone), which can indicate an overactive or underactive thyroid
- Checks PSA (prostate-specific antigen) levels, a potential indicator of prostate cancer
- Determines testosterone level. Testosterone is a hormone that affects libido, energy level, and other bodily functions.
About These Conditions
- Kidney function can be affected by diabetes, high blood pressure and other diseases. Kidney disease may not become apparent until kidney function is significantly impaired.
- Inflammation in the body can indicate cardiovascular disease, because when plaque builds up in the arteries, it injures the arteries, causing inflammation
- Diabetes is a serious illness that can increase a person’s risk for heart disease and stroke. Not managed properly, it can cause damage to kidneys, cause poor circulation in the legs and feet, and can cause vision loss.
- Thyroid disease can affect mood, metabolism, heart rate, and cause weight gain or loss.
- Prostate cancer is one of the most common types of cancer in men, but early detection (while its still confined to the prostate gland) can increase the chances for successful treatment.
- Normal testosterone levels vary by age, and it is normal for testosterone to decline after the age of 40, however, low T can be an indicator of serious illness, like testicular cancer or a pituitary disorder.