Kidney, Liver, & CRP Function Tests
This kidney function, liver function, and C-Reactive Protein screening for men and women can help identify kidney and liver damage before symptoms are present, as well as potential inflammation in the body, which could indicate atherosclerosis.
Schedule this Screening
*Screening availability may be limited by location.
Who is this screening for?
- Adults with hypertension (high blood pressure), diabetes, pre-diabetes, or are at risk for developing diabetes
- Adults with a family history of kidney or liver disease
- Kidney Function: uses creatinine levels and estimated GFR to measure kidney function
- C-Reactive protein: this high-sensitivity C-reactive protein test identifies the presence of inflammation in the body, which can be a marker for cardiovascular disease or other problems
- Liver function screening to determine if the levels of ALT and AST enzyme levels are in the normal range or if they are elevated, providing an early indication of liver damage
Liver, Kidney, and C-Reactive Protein screening details
About these conditions
- Kidney function can be affected by diabetes, high blood pressure and other diseases. Kidney disease may not become apparent until kidney function is significantly impaired.
- Inflammation in the body can indicate cardiovascular disease, because when plaque builds up in the arteries, it injures the arteries, causing inflammation.
- Liver damage can be caused by hepatitis, heavy alcohol consumption, diabetes, obesity, or statin-lowering medication.