Wellness Panel Premium-Men Preventive Screening
This comprehensive preventive screening measures four key biomarkers to give men an overall view of their health. Combined with vascular screening results, this information provides a deeper level of understanding regarding a person’s risk for chronic disease.
Schedule this Screening
*Screening availability may be limited by location.
Who is this screening for?
Wellness Panel Premium-Men Screening Details
- Kidney Function: uses creatinine levels and estimated GFR to measure kidney function
- C-Reactive protein: this high-sensitivity
C-reactive protein test identifies the presence of inflammation in the body, which can be a marker for cardiovascular disease or other problems
- A1c: measures average glucose level over the previous few months, which is a key indicator for diabetes risk
- Checks PSA (prostate-specific antigen) level, a potential indicator of prostate cancer
About These Conditions
- Kidney function can be affected by diabetes, high blood pressure and other diseases. Kidney disease may not become apparent until kidney function is significantly impaired.
- Inflammation in the body can indicate cardiovascular disease, because when plaque builds up in the arteries, it injures the arteries, causing inflammation
- Diabetes is serious and can increase a person's risk for heart disease and stroke. Not managed properly, diabetes can damage the kidneys, cause poor circulation in the legs and feet, and can also cause vision loss.
- Prostate cancer is one of the most common types of cancer in men, but early detection (while it is still confined to the prostate gland) can increase the chances for successful treatment. Patients should discuss the pros and cons of being screened with their doctor and do what feels right to them.