This finger-stick blood screening measures three key biomarkers to give women an enhanced view of their health. Combined with vascular screening results, this information provides a deeper level of understanding regarding a person's risk for chronic disease.
What We Screen For
- C-Reactive protein: this high-sensitivity C-reactive protein test identifies the presence of inflammation in the body, which can be a marker for cardiovascular disease or other problems
- A1c: measures average glucose level over the previous few months, which is a key indicator for diabetes risk
- Thyroid function: measures TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) levels in the blood, which can indicate an overactive or underactive thyroid
About These Conditions
- Inflammation in the body can indicate cardiovascular disease, because when plaque builds up in the arteries, it injures the arteries, causing inflammation
- Diabetes is serious and can increase a person’s risk for heart disease and stroke. Not managed properly, diabetes can cause damage to kidneys, poor circulation in the legs and feet, and can also cause vision loss.
- Thyroid disease can affect mood, metabolism, heart rate, and cause weight gain or loss.
Who is this screening for?
Schedule this Screening
*Screening availability may be limited by location.