What is an Annual Wellness Visit?
An AWV is a healthcare benefit from Medicare that provides you with a personalized plan for better health. It evaluates current health status, identifies chronic disease risk factors and ensures that you are not missing recommended Medicare preventive services. It's a new approach from Medicare-doing more to help people stay healthy and independent for all who have earned the benefit. If you have additional questions, please call Life Line Community Healthcare toll-free at 1-800-449-2389.
- What is heart (cardiovascular) disease?
- How common is heart disease?
- Can I reduce my risk of developing heart disease?
- Why should I have health screenings done if I have no symptoms?
- Which Life Line Screening blood screenings check for heart disease risk factors?
- What makes Life Line Screenings disease risk assessment different from the others available?