If you like tuna, you'll love this dish! This low-calorie grilled tuna with chickpea and spinach salad recipe is easy to prepare and perfect for summer.
Grilled Tuna with Chickpea and Spinach Salad
1 Tbsp olive or canola oil
1 Tbsp garlic, minced (about 2�3 cloves)
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp oregano, minced (or 1 tsp dried)
12 oz tuna steak, cut into 4 portions (3 oz each)
� can (15� oz) low-sodium chickpeas (or garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
� bag (10 oz) leaf spinach, rinsed and dried
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 medium tomato, rinsed and cut into wedges
? tsp salt
? tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat grill pan or oven broiler (with the rack 3 inches from heat source) on high temperature.
- Combine oil, garlic, lemon juice, and oregano, and brush over tuna steaks. Marinate for 5�10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all salad ingredients. (Salad can be made up to 2 hours in advance and refrigerated.)
- Grill or broil tuna on high heat for 3�4 minutes on each side until the flesh is opaque and separates easily with a fork (to a minimum internal temperature of 145 �F).
- Serve one tuna steak over 1 cup of mixed salad.
Tips and Notes
Try with a side of Quinoa With Paprika and Cumin.
If you can't find beans labeled ""low sodium,"" compare the Nutrition Facts panels to find the beans with the lowest amount of sodium. Rinsing can help further reduce the sodium level.
Total fat: 10 g
Saturated fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 42 mg
Sodium: 418 mg
Total fiber: 5 g
Protein: 31 g
Carbohydrates: 15 g
Potassium: 874 mg
Click here to view the full recipe: Grilled Tuna with Chickpea and Spinach Salad